Saturday, May 2, 2015

THE BEAUTIFUL NIPAH BEACH AND THE FABULOUS FOOD


18th March 2015 ~ After all the walking and exploring done on Gili Trawangan island, it was time to get lunch. We decided to head back to the main island as we expected food on Gili Trawangan could be more expensive. I guess we made the right decision as our guide took us to Nipah Beach where a cluster of stalls could be found by the seaside.

















our vegetable dish fresh from the tree











The fish chosen looked real fresh. Even the vegetable dish (called "turi" leaves in the Malay language, and in Lombok too) were freshly picked from the tree upon ordering. How good was the food here? This would be one place I would definitely go back to if I have the chance to visit Lombok again.




According to Luciano Pavarotti: "One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating." This was what I had been doing throughout my stay in Lombok and I was just loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment