Monday, February 11, 2013

ARRIVING AND BLOGGING FROM ISTANBUL

the Blue Mosque in the background
Sometimes there will be places that I would never have dreamed of going but here I am, in Istanbul, Turkey for my short Chinese New Year break. Departing from KLIA on Saturday night at 8:30 p.m., was on transit in Abu Dhabi and the flight was delayed for more than 2 hours, I finally reached the Ataturk International Airport at 8.30 a.m. on Sunday morning. My partner in crime, Mr. Mohd. Razib, who is currently working in Qatar, had reached Istanbul a day earlier and was waiting for me at the arrival hall, and that had saved me the trouble from trying to get my way to the hotel on my own.

We tried the Metro service which is connected to the airport. Not only convenient, but it was cheap as well. And once after I had dropped my luggage at the hotel room, we started our exploration around beautiful Istanbul.

Metro Station outside the airport






in the Metro

Time is actually very limited to go and see around what Istanbul has to offer but I am already falling in love with it. Do expect more pictures and stories from Istanbul. See you later, alligator.


OTHER RELATED POSTS
ISTANBUL 101: ISTANBUL FOR BEGINNERS
TASHKONAK BOUTIQUE HOTEL, ISTANBUL
ARASTA BAZAAR IN ISTANBUL
 ISTANBUL DAY 1 - FALLING IN LOVE WITH THE BLUE MOSQUE AT FIRST SIGHT 

3 comments: