Monday, December 22, 2014

THE FAMOUS BAN THANH MARKET - PART ONE

11th December 2014 ~ [FIRST DAY HCMC TRIP] The famous market in Ho Chi Minh happened to be just a walking distance of a 5-minute walk from the hotel where I was staying. It was the first place I visited and found that it was a typical market like what I have seen in a touristy city. If I were to throw a stone in the market, I was quite sure the probability of a Malaysian to be hit would be very high. Even the traders were speaking with the customers in Malay language and they accepted our Ringgit Malaysia currency. The lady vendors would be calling me "Abang... abang.." (translate: sweetie, NOT brother) in order to attract my attention. Suddenly I felt like a hot stuff to be there, with people calling and at times pulling my hand. *sigh*

Let's just have a look at the items put on sale at Ben Thanh Market.













































Have you seen anything that you like?



LINKS TO OTHER PAGES OF THE HO CHI MINH TRIP

Ben Thanh Market [PART TWO]
Mekong River Cruise [PART 1] [PART 2] [PART 3]
Chu Chi Tunnel [PART 1] [PART 2]
Ho Chi Minh City Museum [PART 1] [PART 2]
Fine Arts Museum [PART 1] [PART 2] [PART 3] [PART 4]

No comments:

Post a Comment