Friday, June 10, 2022

LABUAN 101 - AND THE JOURNEY STARTED


Labuan is a small island located on the west coast of Sabah. Originally Labuan belonged to Brunei, then it was handed over to Sabah and eventually, Labuan is now recognized as Federal Territory. You need to do your own research to know more about this place.


The island is accessible by air, either from Kuala Lumpur or Kota Kinabalu. Another option is to take the ferry from Borneo Island which would be something I would love to try one day.


WHY LABUAN? [1] I had never been to Sabah before, believe it or not. So this should complete my visit to the 14th state of Malaysia - finally.


[2] I needed to be away to a place which is not mainstream for this one week school holiday - definitely not KK, Penang or Melaka. And I made the right choice. There place was not crowded at all. I could cross the roads easily and there was no worry to be run over by any vehicles. There were many beaches but there were no people. HEAVEN!


[3] It was a free and easy kind of holiday. With no specific itinerary, I still managed to visit many places on the island. Public transport could be an issue here but I was lucky to get someone to drive me around in his car for three days. This friendly guy would appear in many of my blog posts and hope we could be good friends for many more years to come.


[4] I went there just to unwind and enjoy life as it was. After not traveling for more than 2 years, I did not set any great expectation. But that was the real me. As long as I could see new places and new people, I am already a happy man.


I must say I am glad I had made it to Labuan this time, and I don't mind coming back to the island in the future.
Get ready for my upcoming posts of my 4D3N trip to Labuan ISland, Federal Territory/Sabah.

LINKS TO MY LABUAN TRIP POSTS

LABUAN MARINE MUSEUM [PART 1] [PART 2]
THE CHIMNEY MUSEUM [PART 1] [PART 2] [PART 3]
LABUAN BIRD PARK [PART 1] [PART 2]

No comments:

Post a Comment