Sunday, March 22, 2015

VISITING A VILLAGE IN LOMBOK - PART 1


16th March 2015 ~ The first destination upon my arrival was Gawah Jepun Village in central Lombok. When I arrived at the house, there were quite a number of people who happened to be visiting . Mr. Haiqal's mother originates from this place and I was glad to be able to pay a visit and see how the place really looked like.



First, lunch was immediately served and there was a huge spread of food. Looking at the number of plates and bowls of dishes, there must be some hard work that had been done to prepare the meal that afternoon. The original Lombok food was delicious undoubtedly. Too much food, too little space in the tummy and I was spoiled for choice.
















After lunch, it was time to explore the house compound and its surrounding. It was raining before that so it was quite foggy hence I could not see the beautiful Rinjani Mountain in the background, I was told. The house was surrounded by green padi fields and orchard filled with various fruit trees like durians, rambutans, mangosteens and guava.



a family graveyard near the house






People here must have led a peaceful life, far away from the noisy and polluted environment. The air is always fresh and the water cold in the morning. I am already thinking of quitting my job as a teacher to become a farmer.

They had planned to take me to another place so I could not stay at the house for too long. It was only a short stay, but the warmth and hospitality shown by the family welcoming me to their home would be something I would not forget.

RELATED LINKS:

Benang Kelambu Waterfalls [PART 1] [PART 2]
Gili Trawangan [Part One][Part Three]
Ombak Sunset Beach [Part Two]

No comments:

Post a Comment