Saturday, December 25, 2010

14th DECEMBER - SYDNEY REVISITED IN A WAKLING TOUR (PART 1)

This was something that I had been looking for, exploring more of Sydney, especially the city. With more time available, I believed that I could go to places that I had never been to. Before I departed for Australia, I had surfed the internet for this walking tour. I joined one when I was in Berlin with Pn. Siti Khadijah. I discovered the same kind of thing was also available in Sydney and that was something that I could not miss because it was totally FREE of charge.

So we had to assemble somewhere near the Town Hall at 10:30 a.m. and looked for our tour guides who were wearing bright green shirts. There were about 20 people that morning and we were grateful for the sunshine. (The weather forecast was always predicting for rainy days throughout my stay there). We had a girl tour guide by the name of Claire, who successfully narrated the journey around Sydney with the stories of the past, the recent ones and the present. The tour took about 3 1/2 hours so it was a lot to see, photos to take and to report to you as well.

The walking tour postings will be divided into a few parts. There are too many photos to upload, and I would try my very best to label them. Enjoy!

waiting for people to join the group




Town Hall




the church opposite the Town Hall

Claire in action in front of Queen Victoria Building




one group of the many street musicians that can be found, in Hyde Park




St. Mary's Cathedral, in front of Hyde Park










in front of Sydney Hospital, or is it the Mint House

to be continued....

1 comment:

  1. i love to see all the picts from your tours. are they package tours? i would be interested to join if they are :)

    ReplyDelete