Sunday, January 12, 2014

EXPLORING THE CITY OF CHRISTCHURCH - PART ONE

30th November 2013 ~ The flight from Wellington landed in Christchurch and I was greeted by an ex-student, Mr. Hamzah Hamdan. The exploration of the city of Christchurch started as soon as I got my baggage into the car boot. Mr. Hamzah drove to the city centre and the walking tour started from the Cathedral Square.




Unfortunately, the main attraction here was the Cathedral which was damaged during the earthquake in December 2011. In fact, there were many buildings which had the same fate and we could see some reconstruction work was in progress.

















find me if you can

So we just walked towards the Museum and observed the surrounding and the buildings. The earthquake was really disastrous but I just saw a few damaged buildings on the left and right of the road.




No comments:

Post a Comment