Friday, March 24, 2017

ARRIVING IN OSAKA AND EXPLORING KANSAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

the famous Uniqlo shop, near the prayer room

17th MARCH 2017 ~ The plane finally landed at Kansai International Airport at about 3:00, after having flown for 7 long hours and I must say it was such a big relief to be able to walk on earth again. The immigration and custom clearance was quite quick and they really made a thorough check, even I had to open my backpack for inspection.


My. Syafiq, my ex-student who would be my traveling companion cum tourist guide had not arrived yet and (when contacted via Whatsapp) he asked me to go to the 3rd floor of the airport and find the prayer room [Malay: surau] so I could perform my prayers while waiting.


While walking to the prayer room, I went past by some shops in the airport shopping mall and there were many restaurants too. I spotted a souvenir shop there. I got excited and was wondering if  it would be opened  early in the morning when I had to leave Osaka a few days later. To get to the prayer room, just find the Uniqlo shop, as what I had read in someone's blog.












The prayer room was large enough but it was clean and comfortable, even cleaner than the ones we have back at home. Japan has become more Muslim friendly so as to attract more visitors and furthermore, the country is hosting the summer Olympics in 2020.







lockers for bag storage






After a short while, Mr. Syafiq arrived and we went to the Kansai Tourist Information Center on the first floor of the airport building to buy "Osaka Amazing Pass Card". With the card, we could use the trains and buses for 2 days, and we could get into a few tourists' attractions in the city too. You could get either the 1-Day or 2-Day pass.




Then I saw this Travel Japan Wi-Fi booth that offered FREE wi-fi to visitors in Osaka. The girl at the booth  installed the apps on my tablet and with that, I could get free wi-fi access at some spots in the city. In other words, it was quite limited as not all the places would get you connected but then, it was FREE.

And after that, we were set to explore what Osaka (and Kyoto) had to offer.


OTHER RELATED PAGES OF MY OSAKA AND KYOTO TRIP

Salzeria Restaurant [PART 1] [PART 2]
Kaiyukan [PART 1] [PART 2]

Kyoto Railway Museum [PART 1] [PART 2]
Kiyomizudera Temple [PART 1] [PART 2]
Yasaka-Jinja Shrine in Gion [PART 1] [PART 2]
Arashiyama Koen [PART 1]  [PART 2]

No comments:

Post a Comment