Thursday, April 10, 2014

GETTING-TO-KNOW MR.(OR MISS) JUMBO IN KRABI

The most exciting part of the trip would be the elephant ride. I overheard the other passengers asking the driver cum tourist guide a few times when we would be seeing the elephants. The place was located in an oil palm estate. We were the last group to arrive there at about 4:00 p.m.



Two people would ride an elephant but I was lucky because I had an elephant to myself. For once, I felt like a maharajah. So how did it feel to be on an elephant? It was a very bumpy ride.







selfie-ing on the elephant







After the ride was over, the visitors could buy a small basket of bananas for Baht 50 (RM5) to feed the elephants. At first I did not plan of buying any but then it seemed I was the only one not feeding my elephant and I saw it looked at me very sadly so I gave in. I just hope with money contributed would be used for the charity of the animals.



There was a short elephant show before we left. The young elephant demonstrated its ability to entertain the audience. I recorded the act and will be uploading it on youtube later.



the elephant's poop is everywhere
It was a long day. I only arrived back at the hotel by 5:00 p.m., feeling tired but happy. The Baht 1000 was well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment