Wednesday, December 23, 2015

CHIANG RAI AT A GLANCE


This time, I decided to spend my time in two other parts of Thailand, namely Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai, which are located in the northern section of the country. Refer to the map if you did not pay attention in  Geography class when you were in school.



15th December 2015 ~ I arrived in Chiang Rai at about 11:00 a.m. local time. From Kuala Lumpur, I had to transit in Bangkok before taking another flight to my destination.


Chiang Rai town is a small place in the northern part of Thailand. It is not busy and not much can be seen or done here, except for the night market. I could happily walk from the hotel to town and get back without any worries. The traffic was not heavy and the only place where you could see many people would be at the night bazaar, especially tourists. Malaysians do not like to put up a night here I guess as I only met three Malay girls from Malaysia at the night market. They prefer Chiang Mai to this small town.











the motorbikes parked in the middle of the road


tuk tuk drivers at the bus station



colourful "mantou" (steamed buns)
[Malay: "pau"]

If you like a relaxed environment, then this should be the place to go. Some people just make Chiang Rai a transit point to get to other attractions nearby, such as the Golden Triangle. I decided to stay here for 2 nights so I could explore more and get to know the place and people better. And I think I have made the right decision.

Be ready to see more photos and read more stories of my stay in Chiang Rai.


RELATED POSTS:

Doi Tung Garden [PART ONE] [PART TWO]


No comments:

Post a Comment