Tuesday, January 16, 2018

MY FIRST TIME AT URBAN TRANSFORMATION CENTRE (UTC)


15th JANUARY 2018 ~ If you think I was at this place called Urban Transformation Centre (known as UTC) to make the world a better place to live in or overcome life-threatening crisis, then you are wrong. This is a one-stop centre where people can pay their bills or do other business with government or non-government agencies. The offices here are operational until 9:00 p.m. daily, I think. I am not sure whether these people work on weekends too.


I managed to renew my road tax at JPJ (Road Transport Department) and paid my bill at SAJ (waterworks). You would have to use the auto teller machine to pay your bill for SAJ though and you cannot pay the exact amount as the machine neither accept small dollar note (like RM1 or RM5 I supposed) nor return the balance of your money. In other words, you will have to pay extra unless your bill is exactly RM50, for example.




The last two counters visited were to pay the taxes. I had to wait quite long at the station operated by MBJB. There were many people but only one officer was entertaining the tax payers.


I was still happy I could complete all the regular annual chores just within 2 hours. I should have come here before but ignorance could be the reason. Situated at Plaza Kotaraya, at the heart of the city but away from the crazy road congestion, the place is quite convenient. I will definitely come here again early next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment