Friday, January 27, 2017

OBSERVING THE ALMS GIVING CEREMONY, FOR THE SECOND TIME


7th DECEMBER 2016 ~ I had to go to the market early in the morning on the last day of my stay in Luang Prabang as I decided to bring some local fruits home. Then I saw the monks walking to collect their alms from people at the road side. I was excited as I could observe them closer compared to the first time.




Some rules to be observed while watching the alms giving ceremony are:
(1) Do not stand too close to the monks or the alms givers.
(2) Do not use flash lights when taking photos.
(3) Do not make any noise. This should be a religious event, not a party.

















This time, I saw the monks putting a few of the alms they received into the bags of two children who were waiting for them by the road side. I wonder whether these kids came from a poor family (as they looked like siblings).

So that should wrap up my 4D3N trip to Luang Prabang. I am glad that I chose this town as my holiday destination with my two friends. Things slowed down for you here and it was a relaxing and stress-free getaway (minus the trekking and climbing part). I just hope things will remain the same there for many more years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment