Friday, October 12, 2012

REUNITED AFTER ALMOST 20 YEARS

Once in a blue moon, I got to see a long lost friend. And today I was lucky enough when an old mate from college days came down to Johor Bahru all the way from Perlis as he had to attend a wedding here. Mr. Abdul Aziz Mat Isa was someone from the same residential college in Universiti Pertanian Malaysia. Even though he did a different course (the Teaching of Malay as the First Language), we shared lecture notes and past semesters' test papers for courses like Islamic Civilization and Psychology. Thanks to none other than Facebook for getting people reunited.

I am not that well-versed when it comes to eating out so I just took him to a place I am familiar with, at least a spot where we could talk comfortably. I just hope that he liked the "local" food that I had chosen for him.

We spent less than two hours chit-chatting and of course it was impossible to tell everything that has happened for the last 20 years. Hopefully this meeting will not be the last. Thanks a lot Mr. Abdul Aziz for the reunion and hope to see you again some other time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment