Tuesday, January 19, 2016

THE MORNING MARKET AT THE MOSQUE




18th December 2016 ~ After breakfast at hotel, I decided to explore a bit before following a tour group to the elephant camp. I was real happy to see there was a mosque nearby and got extremely delighted to discover there was a morning market in an open area  opposite the mosque.




There were many Muslim sellers and I could buy authentic Chiang Mai halal food from that place. Too bad I had had breakfast already so I decided to buy food for lunch instead (which was later eaten at about 3:00 p.m. after coming back from the tour).



I got my lunch from this man, something like briyani














































The name of the mosque is Hidayatul Islam Banhaw Mosque and it is located at a place I saw labelled as "Halal Street Hilal Town". Muslim visitors could easily get their food supply here as there are restaurants around the mosque area. More pics of the mosque later.