Wednesday, December 6, 2017

MOVIE REVIEW - "COCO"


I went to watch this movie "COCO" yesterday at 5:00 p.m. at TGV Tebrau City. [Read: I am recuperating well]. It was worth the effort and the RM18 ticket. The animation was filled with positive values like family love and one should follow one's heart in order to pursue his/her dream.


One reason I really wanted to watch "Coco" is because I thought this should be a sequel to another animation which I had watched before "The Book of Life". The setting of both stories are the same: the land of dead of the Mexican ancestors. An interesting thing is that the two films were produced by two different companies and now there is some sort of fighting going on the internet, accusing "Coco" is the ripped off version of "The Book of Life".


There was also a bonus screening of the short version of Frozen entitled "Olaf's Frozen Adventure" before the real show started. So you get to see a lot of Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and Sven, besides the main character, Olaf.


Glad I chose to watch "Coco" and not "Justice League" or the Malay movie "Pengabdi Setan". I could hear the girls sitting behind me sobbing at the end of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment