Monday, April 20, 2020

HOW DO I SPEND MOST OF MY TIME DURING THE MCO PERIOD?

The Movement Control Order (MCO) to fight COVID-19 virus started on the 18th March 2020 and we already in the third phase which is expected to end by 28th April 2020. So how do I spend most of my time during the #stayhome period? Fortunately my house is a kampung [village] house style with some area in the front and back part. Most of my time is spent outside, tending the plants and managed to plant a few new ones as well. Let's have a look at some of the fruit/edible plants I have at home.

apple custard [buah nona]

rose apple [jambu air]

[ulam raja]

bird's eye chili [cili padi]

other apple custard [buah nona]

sapodilla [ciku]

soursop [durian belanda]

screwpine leaves [daun pandan]

 the matured apple custard plant [buah nona]

jambu batu [guava]

lemon [lemon]

more lemon [lemon]
The leaves of the lemon plants are badly eaten by small grasshoppers.

kaffir lime [limau purut]


papaya [betik]
Fasting in the month of Ramadhan starts this Friday which means I will have to spend less time outside under the scorching sun. At the same time, the temperature is quite high these few days so I have to look for other activities which require less energy.

4 comments:

  1. OH WOWOOWOWOWOW! It is such a rare sight to see such a dedicated teacher to have an incessant ardour towards gardening. You really have a green thumb! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ai is jeless nengok your pokok2 u know..

    ReplyDelete