Monday, December 19, 2022

MY PENANG GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE 2022 BEGAN


  16TH DECEMBER 2022   ~ My gastronomic adventure in Penang began as soon as I left Penang International Airport. Puan Aishah Aboo Bakar, a friend of UPM TESL Class of 1993, was kind enough to fetch and take me to Kompleks Lebuh Nipah for breakfast.


There were many people at the food court that morning which indicated this should be a popular eating place in the morning among the locals.












I was first introduced to Apom Lenggong by my friend. It was something like the usual Apam Balik, crispy all around except there was this soft part in the middle. The pancake came with sweet gravy, whcih could be coconut milk or condensed milk.


Then there was a plate of chapati.



the cook at work



Finally, a plate of Char Koey Teow, hot from the pan into the plate.




I would have to thank Puan Aishah for the big breakfast as I did a lot of walking around Georgetown right after that. However, this was just the beginning of the gastronomic adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment