Wednesday, December 21, 2022

LEBUH ACHEH MALAY MOSQUE REVISITED


     16TH DECEMBER 2022   ~ The mosque was within walking distance from the hotel where I was staying. I had been here the first time I went to Penang, about 5 years ago so I knew my way quite well.






I was at Lebuh Acheh Malay Mosque to perform my Friday prayer. Located in the touristy spot of Armenian Street, I was expecting more people coming there.There was still a lot of space for when it was time to perform the prayer.




The mosque was said to be the oldest mosque in Penang, built in 1808. I am yet to check on this fact as I saw another mosque which claimed to be the oldest mosque on the island too.








I was glad to be back here again but who knows, maybe there will be another time visiting this holy building.

No comments:

Post a Comment