Monday, August 29, 2011

SMALL THINGS THAT MEAN A LOT


At last, a real Eid card arrived home, sent by the real postman. When I thought I would not get a card at all this year, an ex-student from SPM batch 2007, Mohd. Marzuqi Mazlan, was thoughtful enough to post me a card all the way from Melaka.


Another card, which was surprisingly sent BY HAND right to my door steps was a musical Eid card. You know, that kind of card that produces song once it is opened. And to think of the effort taken to send to my house all the way from Taman Universiti, I do not know how to thank you enough, Sharudin Mazlan, also from SPM batch 2006.

There are many ways how people send their greetings nowadays and the two top methods would be through short message service (SMS) or Facebook. However, out of hundreds of my ex-students out there, you two had done what not many people are doing anymore these days. I am truly touched by your kind thoughts and I will still reply even though it will arrive late. (Isn't Hari Raya celebrated for one whole month in our country?)

And I would like also to thank Nor Amalina Mustafa Kamal for the two cakes baked and given to me specially for Hari Raya. I cannot wait for tomorrow to taste a slice of each.

2 comments: