Thursday, August 25, 2011

THE SPIRIT OF EID IS ALREADY FELT IN SCHOOL

My first and could be the only one Raya card this year

Two more days before the school is dismissed for the one week school holiday cum Eid ul-Fitr break. Nevertheless, the spirit of Eid could already be felt around school. You can see packages of Hari Raya cookies and goodies are carried home from the staff room by teachers, you might get confused whether you are in school or in a bazaar.

I got my Eid hamper this year from my non-Muslim friends and it consisted of original Tupperware products. You might wonder why I was given such a lovely gift and the reason could be because I used to give my friends cookies for the Chinese New Year or Deepavali.

Another package was from Puan Sabariah Zainuddin, which contained her ever famous Biskut Kapal [translate:ship cookies - because the cookies are in the shape of a ship].

Ramadhan is truly the month of giving and thanks to all the kind-hearted people.

No comments:

Post a Comment