Wednesday, March 7, 2012

THE SPECTACULAR IBN BATTUTA SHOPPING MALL

During my past travel to a few countries, I would say two impressive shopping malls I had visited were Harrods in London and Queen Victoria Building. However, Ibn Battuta Mall in Dubai, is beyond comparison. It would be alright if you go there not to shop because you can feast your eyes on the magnificent work of art throughout the building.

This huge mall was divided into different sections according to the countries/places that had been visited by Ibn Battuta, namely: China, India, Tunisia, Andalusia, Egypt and Persia. In other words, you will be put in different places under one roof. It is also holding the record for the largest themed shopping mall in the world. This is another proof how the Emirates government has gone all out in developing the tourism industry and with a lot of money in hand, you can simply do anything you want.






going Indian for dinner

So I guess that's the end of the story of my 4-day visit to Doha and Dubai. It is a once in a lifetime experience and never have I dreamed of going to these places. And I have to thank my friend, Mr. Mohd. Razib Nordin, for making this possible and I can't thank you enough. Thanks a lot for everything and only Allah can repay your kindness.

Goodbye Doha, goodbye Dubai.

"Parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow"


~ from William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" ~

No comments:

Post a Comment