Monday, August 20, 2012

THE 1ST DAY OF SYAWAL 1433H

The long awaited day was finally here. Muslims celebrated the day of Eid ul-Fitr to commemorate our success in completing a month of fasting and to make full use of the month of Ramadhan to cleanse the soul and purify the heart. Hence the name  "fitr" - getting back to the pure original form like when a baby was first born. 


I had my first visitor for this year's Eid and it was the family of an old friend, Puan Janariah Othman who hailed from Kuala Lumpur. I had to force them in a way to drop by, even though it was quite late and they were already tired from travelling, as today was the day when they would have the chance to sample our special dish for the celebration. By tomorrow, they would have to eat only the cookies. 

Thanks a lot to Puan Janariah and all her family members for coming over. It has been such a long time we last met each other - it was too long I couldn't remember when. I was glad that I had the chance to meet up with the rest of the clan too. Hope to see you some other time in the future again.

No comments:

Post a Comment