Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I RECEIVED MY EID CARDS FOR THIS YEAR AT LAST

My Eid cards for this year finally arrived. The first one was from Mr. Sharudin Mazlan, an ex-student, who sends me one every year without fail. Thanks a lot for the thought. You are doing something that others are not doing anymore and that is just priceless.


The second card was from a parliamentary member. I am sure he doesn't know me, and vice versa. It seemed all the surau [a small praying place for Muslims] committee members were getting one each and there was even an invitation to an open house on the 31st August. That was really nice of him to do that.

I guess those are the only two cards for this year. The tradition is dying because of the existence of internet and high-tech communication gadgets despite the effort of Pos Malaysia to encourage more people to send cards by reducing the postage for this period. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment