Thursday, March 19, 2015

BIDDING FAREWELL TO THE MESMERIZING LOMBOK ISLAND

It was time to bid farewell to Lombok Island which stores endless surprises to its visitors. I was there from the 16th until the 19th of March during the one week school holiday and had to chance to see some of its attractions. There are still a lot of things to do and discover and I would not mind going back again some other time.

To those planning for a vacation, you should consider Lombok now, before the island gets too famous and turns to be like Bali and Krabi, where there are more foreigners than locals on the streets. If you love nature and really good (halal) food, this is the place to be. I must say, the food is something to die for.

By the way, I need to thank Mr. Haiqal Johari, for the motivation and encouragement given to visit Lombok, as well his mother, who originates from there, and his uncle, Mr. Agus, for the company throughout my stay there.



video: on the top of a hill somewhere near Seger Beach

the last photo in Lombok


Too bad one one kidnapped me while I was there so I will have to go back to school next week and before that, finish marking the test papers.(A well-known story of Lombok is that the males have to first kidnap their brides-to-be before asking the permission from the parents).

Please make sure you come back for more stories and picturesque photos from the short visit while I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment