Thursday, August 17, 2017

THE LAUNCHING OF A PATRIOTISM PROGRAMME AT PLAZA KOTARAYA


Sometimes if I am unlucky, I would have to attend a programme outside school after school hours. In conjunction with the month of patriotism which is held in August annually, the Johor Bahru District Office launched "Program Negaraku Sehati Sejiwa" [translate: My Country, One Heart One Soul] at Plaza Kotaraya, Johor Bahru.

everybody was given a small free flag


There were dance performance, poetry recitations and singing patriotic songs by kindergarten students which people enjoyed watching the most as the kids were really adorable in their colourful costumes. Other than that, there was an adult choir group, a speech by an officer (thank God there was only one speech) and a prize giving ceremony.








Everything ended by 3:30 p.m. and I managed to get my "mee rebus" and Dunkin Donuts before running out from the building through the heavy downpour to get to my car parked somewhere very far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment