Saturday, December 28, 2019

PRINCESS MAHA CHAKRI SIRINDHORN NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM [PART 1]


3rd DECEMBER 2019 - My other travel mates seemed not to be interested to visit a museum so I decided to go there on my own right after the trip to the market. I had searched for this place on the internet and it looked interesting. The name of the museum is already a mouthful: Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhron Natural History Museum.


I took a Grab Car from the hotel and there was this interesting piece of conversation between the driver and me.

DRIVER: Are you a teacher?
ME: How do you know?
DRIVER: Because you go to the museum.
😁

The driver confessed that he did not even know the museum existed until the moment he had to send me there. And his wife is a teacher too.



The museum is actually located in Prince Songkhla University, Hat Yai Campus. The museum is managed and administered by the university's Faculty of Science. I am impressed with their effort and ability to establish and run with a museum of a very high standard.




This should be a great place for people to learn new things, especially the young ones. Museum should be an avenue to educate society hence more money should be contributed so as to make sure the responsible party could develop and maintain one of the nation's resource centres.



















the tooth of an elephant




















The museum exhibited quite a large number of collections of flora and fauna and one would need more time to explore this place.
TO BE CONTINUED IN PART 2


[MY HAT YAI TRIP MAIN PAGE]

No comments:

Post a Comment