Friday, March 3, 2023

PROLOGUE: MY SABAH ROAD TRIP 2023


Initially, it was just a plan which I did not expect could be carried out. However, one fine day, surprisingly, I was told by my travel companion/driver/guide that it was possible after all.

I was in Labuan in June last year but Labuan was an island gazetted as the Federal Territory. Therefore, this should be my very first trip to Sabah, the mainland on Borneo Island.

The focus of my holiday trip this time was a road trip covering the route Labuan [of Federal Territory] - Menumbok - Papar - Kota Kinabalu - Kundasang - Ranau, and back. According to Google Map, the journey from Labuan from one point to Ranau at the other point was 283 kilometres. Because of the [bad] road condition, traffic congestion and the rain, more time was spent on the road, trying to get to one place to another on time. I was there away from home from 24th February until the 1st March.

Most of the time, people from the Peninsular would fly straight to Kota Kinabalu but I guessed I chose the road not taken. Therefore, I got to see Sabah from a different perspective.

Even though I did not get to visit most of the tourist attractions as we had not enough time and the weather was not kind to us, this should be one memorable trip for me to be able to see Sabah from a different point of view. This should also be a valid reason to go back to Kota Kinabalu some other time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment