Saturday, March 4, 2023

MY SABAH ROAD TRIP WAS ABOUT TO BEGIN


The first leg of my Sabah Road Trip was to get to Kuala Lumpur International Airport from Johor Bahru to Labuan. To do that, I took the YoYo Express Bus at Larkin Sentral on 23rd February at 11:45 p.m. The bus took me directly to Terminal 1 of the Airport, and arrived at the wee hour of the morning, at about 4:30 a.m. on 24th February. The very last time I was here was one day before the Movement Control Order [MCO] was implemented when C19 hit hard, back in March 2020.


Then I had to wait for my flight to Labuan at 8:00 a.m. so I had a lot of time to kill. What else to do then to get something to eat. In my hunt for something light to eat at dawn, I settled for toast [but later opted for steamed bread], half boiled eggs and coffee at Ya Kun Kaya Toast. A simple traditional breakfast could now be commercialized and we have to pay much more for it, especially when it is located in the airport building.




I was lucky to get to fly with Malaysia Airlines [MAS] this time as I managed to buy my ticket when there was a special offer. Unfortunately, I could not fly back with the same airline as the time was not suitable so this was just a one way trip with MAS.








With RM200, I got my in-flight meal and entertainment, plus the 20 kg of baggage.


I met a friendly young man from Kundasang who is studying in UPSI and the whole 2 1/2 hours trip was a sleepless one as we chatted all the way.

It was time to continue with the next leg of the journey as I had to meet with my travel companion cum driver cum guide.



No comments:

Post a Comment