Wednesday, March 8, 2023

THE FERRY TRIP FROM LABUAN TO MENUMBOK - PART 2



  25th FEBRUARY 2023   ~ I seldom had the chance to travel on ferry, especially this type that carried vehicles together with the passengers, and I spent some of the time walking around the vessel. The day was bright and the sky was blue so I had my essential dose of Vitamin Sea on that day.


I recognized the places I saw from the ferry which I visited when I was in Labuan the first time last year.










I was not the only one walking and enjoying the panoramic view of the sea. Unfortunately, some people went out on the corridor to smoke so it was that healthy to stay for too long.





















People started to get into the vehicles as the ferry was approaching Menumbok Ferry Terminal. Impatient people existed everywhere.












On paper, the journey from Labuan to Menumbok should take 1 hour and 40 minutes. However, the embarking and disembarking process might delay the whole journey, especially when there were many vehicles on board.

We even had to wait for another ferry to leave the jetty when we arrived in Menumbok, At that time, we could still see vehicles getting into the ferry. Basically the whole trip took almost 2 hours.


One could also take the speed boat to get across which should save a lot of time but you have to check the Internet for the price.


We got onto the ferry again on our back to Labuan Island on the 28th February at 8:00 p.m. from Menumbok Ferry Terminal. There were less people this time.










THE VIDEO

You could also take the ferry from Labuan to other places on Borneo Island. One of the destinations is Bandar Sri Begawan, Brunei and also to one town in Sarawak, if I am not mistaken.

I wonder if I will have the opportunity to go on the ferry trip in Labuan again after this but then [my] life is always full of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment