Monday, March 13, 2023

VISITING THE POPULAR GAYA STREET MARKET ON SUNDAY MORNING


  26TH FEBRUARY 2023   ~ The first activity of the third day of my Sabah road trip was to visit Gaya Street Market. This was a morning market that was held only on Sunday morning in the city of Kota Kinabalu. It was known as "Tamu" among the locals.


We were there at about 8:00 a.m. and the place was already crowded, with locals and tourists alike. This should be one of the attractions of the city on the weekend.


We were lucky as there was a car moving out from the parking lot and we got to park near the entrance. Or else we would be wasting time finding a spot and walking long distance.






It was an ordinary morning market but there were more things that were sold. One interesting thing, I could see more pets being sold there.
































I kept telling myself I had three more days to travel before going home so I could not buy anything.




























I ended up buying local food that actually should be eaten as breakfast from two stalls there.

This should be one good place to shop when you are in Kota Kinabalu but you have to make sure to be there on Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment