Thursday, September 3, 2009

WHAT ELSE DID I BRING HOME FROM SCHOOL TODAY?

I was happy because I had something to bring home from school again today. This time I had to thank Mr. Hisham for being kind enough to give me the products of Kelantan which he brought home after the school break.


salak fruit, the leftover


The fruit that you see is called salak, and if I am not mistaken it is called sawa fruit in the east coast. Yes, sawa as in phyton the snake. The name could derive from the skin texture of the fruit which is almost like of a phyton's, scary man! in English, the fruit is called snake skin fruit. It is quite difficult to get it it here and it is sold at a high price. A good type will be sweet but most of the time it has a slight bitter taste. 

fish crackers, not fried yet

Another specialty of Kelantan or the east coast states is its fish crackers. Simple yet delicious, crunchy and fishy at the same time. It is best eaten with chili sauce and I just love to have it with hot steaming lemon tea. HEAVEN! But then, I am yet to wait until it is fried and then only I can enjoy a piece of heaven.

I am blessed to be surrounded by people who are generous. And "blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting" (Elizabeth Bibesco)

No comments:

Post a Comment