Tuesday, September 1, 2009

LIFE'S SIMPLE JOY

Life is a simple joy of giving and receiving

gift #1

It was the first day of school after the long week break so I was expecting a slow start to life. However, I was overjoyed with unexpected gifts from a student and an ex-student which made my day. Teacher's Day was already over but I guess it is the Ramadhan's gifts of giving. Gift number one was a box of Eid ul-Fitr cookies which came together with a card from Ching Khai and his family. It took a lot of courage though not to open the lid and have a bite of the delicious looking london almonds.

gift(s) #2
The second gifts came from Solleh, an ex-student who is now studying in Canada. You can see Solleh in my posting about my visit to Singapore on 19th July. I was handed over a University of Toronto t-shirt and a Toronto key-chain, everything Toronto. Guess I already have a shirt to wear for this coming festive season.

To Solleh and Ching Kai, I can't thank you enough. People like you make me feel grateful that I am still a teacher.

"It is possible to give without loving,
but it is impossible to love without giving."
Richard Braunstein

2 comments:

  1. dats so sweet..
    i wish i can bake u a choc cake for dis coming raya,
    dats d only thing dat i knw to bake w'out turning it to sumthg else nwy..
    huhuhu...
    it's d thought dat counts rite?.. ^^

    ReplyDelete