Wednesday, July 10, 2013

VIDEO - A RELIGIOUS TALK AT FUYOU ROAD MOSQUE, SHANGHAI

I was at Fuyou Road Mosque in Shanghai to perform my Friday prayer. When a man in a long robe and "serban" (a headgear for a Muslim man) walked to the "altar", I thought the the Friday sermon was about to be delivered. However, there were just a few people in the mosque and the speech was quite lengthy. When the real sermon was read by the "khatib" (the appointed person to read), then only I realized that it was just a religious talk, or it could be a "tazkirah" (a reminder to the congregation) which is not done in Malaysia during the Friday prayer session.

I am interested to know the content of the talk. Can I have a translator, please?





Today is the first day of fasting in the month of Ramadhan this year so I wish "Happy Fasting" to all Muslims out there. May Allah grant us the strength not only to abstain from hunger and thirst but also from doing things that may lessen the reward of fasting.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh it is in Mandarin. Can lah, ask any of your Chinese students who are speakers of Mandarin and they can translate.

    ReplyDelete