Sunday, January 4, 2015

THE MESMERIZING WATER PUPPET SHOW

12th DECEMBER 2014 ~ [2nd DAY HCM] I am glad I took the effort to go to this theatre and it was a 15-minute walk from the hotel. I am quite sure not many Malaysians go to this kind of place when they are in Ho Chi Minh city, based on the blog posts that I have read before leaving.








There are a few shows in one day and the one that I attended was a full house. Most of the spectators were foreigners and I was expecting a great performance based on the presence of the international audience.




Why is it called water puppet? Because the puppets are all manoeuvred on the surface or submerged in the pool of water on the stage. The stage itself is actually a pool of water.








Everything was done in Vietnamese and I could not understand a single word. However everybody was mesmerized and entertained with the performance. There were live music, singing and narration to accompany the water puppet performance. In a place like this, language is never a barrier. As long as you can open up your heart and mind, you will always enjoy what is being presented to you.


After the show had ended, then only we could see the puppet masters and they had to be in the water throughout the performance. It was a very entertaining performance, there was a continuous and thunderous applause from the audience. I would not mind going for the show again, and I know they also have this in Hanoi. If you are planning to go to Ho Chi Minh, do include the water puppet show in your itinerary as I do not know whether you would be able to see this in other parts of the world.

By the way, I have uploaded a few videos on Youtube for your viewing pleasure, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment