Saturday, July 9, 2022

BACK TO THE CINEMA AFTER MORE THAN TWO YEARS


8TH JULY 2022 ~ After more than two long years, I was back to the cinema. This time to watch a record-breaking Malay movie "Mat Kilau" at GSC theater in KSL Mall. Guess it was good to be back.


To my relief, there were not many people and the theater hall was not full. People went crazy last week, I supposed, trying to get in the queue to be the early ones to watch this movie, especially during the weekends.





So how did I find the movie? Everything was overdone, in my opinion. The fighting scenes, the sound effects, the camera techniques as well as the script and surprisingly, the level of violence. However, the quality of the film was far better than the rest of the usual, boring Malay movies and this movie should set a benchmark for our local filmmaking. Definitely a must see for people who like martial arts, Silat in particular - because the fighting just never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment