Monday, July 4, 2022

VISITING LABUAN WAR CEMETERY


5th JUNE 2022 ~ The next venue in the itinerary was the Labuan War Cemetery. I seldom had this kind of activity when I traveled but there was not many other places of interest on the island so I might as well see what this place had to offer.




The historical cemetery was the place where the bodies of Indian and Australian soldiers who fought and died in Borneo during the Japanese occupation. Hence it was one of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission sites - a body which honours the men and women of the Commonwealth forces who died in the WWl and WWll, ensuring they will never be forgotten.


You can get more information of this place HERE.
































Surprisingly, I found the place quite scenic but I don't think many would consider coming to get their photos taken here.


No comments:

Post a Comment