Wednesday, December 3, 2014

ATTENDING A SEMINAR AT PUSAT ISLAM ISKANDAR, JOHOR BAHRU

2nd December 2014 ~ I was asked to replace/represent the Principal which I gladly accepted as the place was nearer to my house and I had an appointment at the general hospital in the afternoon which is located next to Pusat Islam (translate: Islamic Centre). Registration was done as early as 7:30 a.m. and participants were served breakfast. The real thing started at 9:00 a.m.









The theme of the Seminar was something like "the Understanding of the Moderation Approach in Islam". There were a talk by Dr. Sidek Baba and a forum right after that.


just arrived





before leaving

The whole thing was too academic. The hall was too comfortable. I just could not get my eyes opened. Even people could be seen busily using their smart phones throughout. This could be one reason why the organizer should call celebrity religious speakers for event like this just to keep people interested. But that would be something expensive to do. 
  
sitting beside someone I know



Fortunately, at 11:00 a.m. someone from the hospital called asking me to come earlier for my scheduled minor surgery. I had a valid excuse to leave the hall - a blessing in disguise, but I had to skip the free lunch prepared for the audience and everybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment