Wednesday, October 7, 2015

OF SEAWEED, ONION AND CANOLA FLOWERS


The first thing that caught my attention during my road trip on the third day in Jeju Island was the seaweed that could be seen lying by the roadside at a few spots along the route. I guess it was simply harvested from the sea and was left there lying to dry on the road under the hot sun. Seaweed is commercially produced in abundance on the island.





the processed seaweed which I bought



We then stopped at a field where onions were planted. I was not sure whether the onions were just planted or had already been harvested, Seriously this was my first time seeing an onion farm. I guess onions could also be one of the main products of the island.







The last attraction was the canola field which was filled with the yellow canola flowers. Tourists had to pay a small sum of money to enter this area. A busload of tourists were also at the field when I was so this should be one of the major attractions here. And I googled for more information about canola oil and find some very interesting facts. Read about it HERE.


















MORE CLIMBING ACTIVITY COMING NEXT...



No comments:

Post a Comment