Thursday, March 5, 2020

YANGON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AT A GLANCE

if you can't lead then you follow
17th DECEMBER 2019 ~ It was time to bid Myanmar goodbye and it had to be done at Yangon International Airport. We arrived at the airport early in the morning from Mandalay and a few hours after that, the place was already crowded with the locals mostly.

breakfast at the airport and instant food was brought from
Malaysia and heated the morning before
















There was a group of local young men who were about to be working abroad and the whole village was at the airport to say "goodbye".






The airport looked modern and new. The best spot was the place where there were a few souvenir shops. I managed to get a few items to bring back home at reasonable prices.














TRAVEL TIP: There is a shuttle bus from the airport that will take you straight to Downtown Yangon and fro, and the fare is very cheap.

in the shuttle bus

I don't know whether I will be coming back to Yangon but I don't mind making a return trip - just for its milk tea and market place which I need more time to explore.

All in all, it had been a wonderful trip to a country which is not that popular among Malaysians. I am really glad I have made the decision and I would have to thank my travel partner/ex-student for agreeing to join me. I wonder if he will be interested for another trip in the future.


[MY MYANMAR TRIP MAIN PAGE]

No comments:

Post a Comment