Tuesday, April 26, 2022

HUNTING HIGH AND LOW FOR EID SNACKS


25th APRIL 2022 ~ The plan was to buy "kerepek" [TRANSLATE: chips/crisps], some kind of all time favourite snacks served for Eid at this one shop in Bandar Baru Uda after school. To my disappointment, I saw the shelves in the shop were almost empty. A spontaneous decision was made: I had no choice but to drive all the way to Simpang Renggam where I know a place selling similar food item.


It was a huge relief to see from afar that Eid goodies were still aplenty so I had made just the right decision.


According to the cashier, this could be the last batch of food stock for Eid and she was not sure whether these highly sought after food items would be replenish after this.












I drove more than 120 kilometres covering the distance of Johor Bahru - Simpang Renggam - Johor Bahru. And it was raining heavily on the way back right after the Simpang Renggam toll exit until Skudai Toll Plaza. All in all, I was glad I went all the way considering the fact that driving long distance is just not my cup of tea. Now I don't have to worry anymore as guests will at least have something to munch when they come to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment