Thursday, April 7, 2022

THE BIG BREAKFAST SESSION ONE DAY BEFORE RAMADAN


1st APRIL 2022 ~ The last activity before the arrival of Ramadan the very next day was to have big breakfast Johor style and again, the morning gastronomic adventure involved going places hunting for local food available.








The first pit stop was the food court at Hutan Bandar. Puan Suhaila seemed to have an addiction to the Lotong Kering sold here and this would be the third time coming here just to buy the dish to be taken away and eaten later in Shah Alam. This place would always be crowded during weekends and finding seats could already be a challenge.

As for me, I saw this stall selling Mee Kolok the last I came here and I decided to join the queue for the noodles originated from Sarawak. The queue got longer after I got my order.

And I love the Roti Jala sold at this place too.

Once we got all the food that we wanted, we drove off to the next pit stop: Selera Johor, planning for another dine in breakfast session there. 


Unfortunately there were no empty seats in sight when we arrived. People must have come here for breakfast that morning after going to the market for the preparation of Ramadan. So the only place I could suggest to my guests was the food court at the Larkin Market which was opposite Selera Johor, just within a short walking distance. I was hoping that the place was good enough for the visitors.











We were actually a bit late for breakfast as some food was already sold out. Nevertheless, we managed to pool different dishes from different stalls on the table - fried rice, Murtabak, Puri, Idli and Java Sate.




And I saw someone smiling behind the face mask while walking towards my table. Reunion happened everywhere. This time with Mr. Hilmi - an ex-students of SMK Kempas who used to be in my English tuition classes when he was in Form 3 and 5.




I was happy because I found a new eating place to take other friends for breakfast when they come visiting.

That was the concluding session of the gastronomic adventure right before we started fasting the very next day. I am looking forward to more exciting gastronomic adventures with Mr. Ridwan Wahid and his family soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment