Monday, May 28, 2012

MY COLLECTIBLES - FIRST DAY COVERS


LONG long time ago, when there was no handphone or internet, we had to do something to get ourselves occupied. I was an avid stamp collectors and together with that hobby, was another closely-related obsession - first day covers. I still remember the days when the stamps and first day covers were released then I would go and joined in the long queue at the post office just to get hold of the first issue. Then I had to stick the stamps on the envelope and after that stamped them with the historical date.

The hobby did not last long as it required a lot of effort. Actually one can just subscribe for the first day covers. The post department would deliver the first day covers to your house after you have paid a sum of money in advance. Perhaps I should do that right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment