Tuesday, July 15, 2014

SHINJUKU - THE WORLD'S BUSIEST PEDESTRIAN CROSSING

[DAY 4] 5th June ~ A place could be popular for a number of reasons. Shinjuku has become famous for being one of the busiest pedestrian crossings in the world. Nothing more. Been there, done that. I read in one of the travel blogs that people would try very hard to sit at one spot at Starbucks there so that they could observe the junction and the activities that are going on in the street and to get those seats is not something easy to do.

We could not explore the area as it was raining that evening. Therefore, I could not see Hachiko, the dog that was known by all for its loyalty to its master. Could that could be a valid reason to come back to Tokyo some other time? Read about Hachiko HERE.









And that concluded my visit to Japan. I had to check out from the hotel at 4:30 a.m. the next morning, catch the first train that took me to the bus station at 5:10 a.m. and took the bus to the airport at 5:40 a.m.
Why are holidays always too short.

I am looking forward to visiting Japan again in the future, if time permits. Perhaps, I would choose other cities like Kyoto and Osaka. I am going to miss Tokyo (and Yokohama too) especially the extraordinary polite and friendly Japanese people.

No comments:

Post a Comment