Friday, October 20, 2017

MY MAKASSAR GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE - "AYAM PENYET" PAK TJOMOT


It was a relief to find a restaurant near the hotel. I had to get lunch before I went exploring. I settled for "Ayam Penyet" (squashed chicken?) Rice, an Indonesian popular dish. The rice is similar to the one sold in Malaysia, except there was no soup served. I felt that the "sambal" (ground chili) was as not as hot as it used to be in other parts of the country.


The restaurant was modern and clean. When I googled, there were other branches of Pak Tjomot Restaurant in Makassar. I was the only customer eating when I was there at about 3:00 in the afternoon, too late for lunch I supposed.








The chicken meat was tender and delicious, and the markissa (passion fruit) juice was refreshing. The whole meal cost me about RM12, which would be slightly cheaper than what we have to pay in Malaysia. The fruit juice is always expensive. Overall, I this should be a recommended eating spot when you are in Makassar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment