Monday, November 13, 2017

VENTURING OUT TO MALINO AND FINDING TAKAPALA WATERFALLS


14th OCTOBER 2017 ~ My trip this time was like the pack-and-go kind of thing. I just read blogs of people who had been to Makassar and I had no specific itinerary, except just a few touristy places and food that I must try. Lucky enough I had booked the hotel earlier but I still had no guide or "supir" [driver]. To make matter worse, I could not see ant walk-in travel agent when I walking on the first day. One tourist guide I met at the museum the day before offered me a price which was definitely too expensive.


I also just found out on the morning of the second day there that Uber service was available in the city. I got an Uber to take me to Port Paotere and so happened he could drive me around anywhere which was three times cheaper than the first guide I met. Mr. Abdul Rahman officially became my driver cum guide during the remaining three days there.




We went to this place called Malino which should be a highland with lower temperature. The main attraction was Takapala Waterfalls.














There were good news and bad news. The good news: to get to the nearest point (without getting wet) one had to trek up and down stony paths. *sigh* The bad news: there was no bikini babe that could be found there as not many people were visiting the waterfalls at that time.




The waterfalls were smaller as it was hot season in Makassar when I was there. There should be more water cascading down the hill, according to the guide.





















there were other tourists there too
Perhaps the best day to come is when you could take a dip in the water and enjoy the cool water down there. However, that is something that I will not do. I just hate the hassle of changing and the of carrying around wet attires with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment