Tuesday, November 7, 2017

MY MAKASSAR GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE - "ES PISANG IJO"


I had to hunt for this popular dessert in Makassar in the restaurant as I could not spot it being sold at the many stalls at Losari Beach. I saw "Es Pisang Ijo" [translate: iced-green banana] on on the sign board of this restaurant so I happily marched in and ordered one.


"Es Pisang Ijo" was a cold dessert which contained shaved ice and filled with (condensed)milk or coconut milk, rose syrup and the main ingredient was a banana wrapped in a piece of thin, green and flat pancake.


I had to actually wait for more than half an hour for the dessert to arrive at my table. They should have told me they had run out of the green pancake/banana and I saw one lady coming in bringing a packet of the item while I was waiting. She must have gone to buy it somewhere else.


MY VERDICT: Should be good to be eaten in a very hot weather but could be too sweet for some people. As for me, I successfully found one delicacy from the list of food I had to try here.

No comments:

Post a Comment