Friday, November 3, 2017

CHASING SUNSET AT LOSARI BEACH


13th OCTOBER 2017 ~ If you are expecting a stretch of a white, sandy beach, the you will be disappointed. There was no beach at all at Losari Beach. It was a stretch of waterfront overlooking the Straits of Makassar which was buzzing with activities.


The sight of rows and rows of chairs, tables and food stalls welcomed me, which indicated the crowd that visited this place. The most famous local food sold here was Pisang Epe, which was surprisingly sold by almost all the stalls I saw here.




The major activity here was to observe the beautiful sunset. Everyone was just busy either taking photos or admiring the sun before it disappeared behind the horizon.





children playing in the ocean








people doing aerobic exercise









another group doing aerobic exercise










the filming of a drama/movie











The challenge was to find the best spots to get the photos of the sunset. There were just too many people and I was there one evening on Friday. Just imagine what would happen on weekends or public holidays. 

I guess I had successfully captured a few beautiful photos of the sunset at Losari Beach. I am glad I did that on the first day I arrived in Makassar as I went back to the city late on the second day and it rained in the evening of the third day. 

And I am writing this entry, I am already missing the moment I experienced there when I had nothing to think about but to let my mind drift freely into nowhere. I should be planning for my next holiday already.

"Never waste any amount of time doing anything important
when there is a sunset outside you should be sitting under."
~ C. Joybell C ~


No comments:

Post a Comment