Sunday, November 5, 2017

TWO WEDDING RECEPTIONS ON ONE SATURDAY AFTERNOON

WEDDING #1


4th NOVEMBER 2017 ~ Right after the brunch session at Thistle Hotel, I rushed to Taman Universiti to attend the first wedding reception held there. Neither the bride nor the bridegroom was my ex-student. The groom's brothers and sister are the alumni of SMKTUN though (and one is still studying there). This should be the third wedding reception attended at this house and there could be more to  come.


I was glad there was this stall serving "apam balik" - the local version of the thin pancake with corn, ground nuts, butter and sugar filling. I was still full from the previous event so this was the best thing ever.


The other stall served the famous "mee rebus" but too bad, I was not yet ready to eat more.




WEDDING #2

Food... food... glorious food...

Right after that, I drove to Kolej Tun Razak, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, for another wedding reception. The invitation came from Dr. Hanim, a lecturer of the Language Academy in UTM, for his son's reception. The daughter, Miss Nazura Zukepeli, is an ex-student of SMKTUN from SPM batch 2015 whom I taught when she was in form 2.




I had to be contented with the spaghetti and grilled NZ lamb. There were other mouth-watering food I had to tell myself I hope would be served if I were to be invited again by the family in other receptions in the future.





"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we have to regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating." 
~ LUCIANO PAVAROTTI & WILLIAM WRIGHT ~

I will have to force myself to start doing my school work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment