Monday, February 20, 2023

EXPERIENCING A LITTLE OF INDIA AT LITTLE INDIA IN PENANG


  18th DECEMBER 2022 ~   The last activity in Penang was roaming the streets of Georgetown's Little India, experiencing a little of India in Penang. The trip was led by a Penang born and bred UPM TESL Class of 1993 member, Puan Aishah Aboo Bakar.


The first stop was at shop selling Maruku, traditional Indian snacks. K,M. Thulasiraman must be a popular Maruku producer in the island I supposed, judging by the customers crowding the shop when we were there.


Then only the real [window] shopping began, hopping from one shop to the other.








We actually took a short break and had tea, Indian style definitely.














I was not sure what my friends bought but I had no choice but to follow them until it was time to get food for dinner. 

Thanks to all my UPM TESL friends for the great time I had in Penang from 16th to 18th December 2022 and hoping there will be more reunion cum escapade for the group this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment