Friday, February 17, 2023

WHEN THE FIRE STATION BECOMES A TOURIST ATTRACTION


  17th DECEMBER 2022   ~  The red and white building would be something hard to miss when one was walking on the touristy area of Georgetown. The colonial architecture itself made Lebuh Pantai Fire Station unique. Established in 1908, this could be one historical site of the city.

'
. I accidentally saw there was this mini gallery at one side of the building which showcased some items related to the fire brigade and also the history of the fire station.






































I was not the only one at the Fire Station at that time. There were a few other visitors but I spent longer time. I once was the teacher adviser of Kadet Bomba [Fire Brigade Cadet] in school so there were many things I could relate. It was a brilliant idea to get people to visit the fire station for them to know more about the department and the people working there.

No comments:

Post a Comment